The PCT – post-cycle therapy – complex products and sports supplements that are used in bodybuilding and power sports with the aim of minimizing side effects and complications after a cycle of steroid hormones or prohormones . Post-cycle therapy is especially important when using large doses of hormones or received simultaneously two or more anabolic drug .
Rohm labs pct literally means therapy after cycle, but for convenience included other components, which are applied from the beginning of the cycle and the formal part of the FCT are not included.
Aims post-cycle therapy
- Restoration of the natural hormonal levels – not to lose muscle mass
- Fighting rollback phenomenon
- Preventing feminization ( gynecomastia ).
- Preventing the development of testicular atrophy and oligospermia
- Prevention and reduction of other side effects
Main components PCT
Antioestrogens are divided into two classes:
- Aromatase inhibitors ( letrozole, anastrozole and others) – during the course, to block estrogen effects if applied flavoring preparations ( testosterone , Sustanon , methandrostenolone and extremely small – boldenone and fluoxymesterone ). Proviron many believe is a weak inhibitor of aromatase .
- Estrogen receptor blockers ( Tamoxifen, Clomid ) or Toremifene – after the course for 2-3 weeks, to restore the secretion of testosterone. These drugs are in a key position, and are very important. Apply after the course of any complexity.
Chorionic gonadotropin – prevents the development of testicular atrophy and desensitization of Leydig cells. It is used in heavy courses lasting more than 6 weeks. Introduction begins at 2-4 week course (or the last 3-5 weeks) and continues to derive an anabolic drug , then jumps to the estrogen receptor blockers.
Cabergoline (Dostinex) – an inhibitor of the secretion of prolactin . Used on the course of progestin drugs ( nandrolone , trenbolone ) that raise prolactin is responsible for most of the side effects of these drugs. Is usually taken at a dose of 0.25 mg every 4 days throughout the course.